Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Got My Hurr Did

So I admittedly take pretty terrible care of my hair. I mean, I don't do much with it. I sometimes blow-dry it, I sometimes straighten it but usually, I get up, I'll shower, it'll dry wavy,  I'll wear it down for a day, but usually throw it up in a ponytail or a bun or a clip or a braid. The braid is my favorite thing in the world. It's just kind of all over the place. And that's fine. To an extent.

I was bored in January so I dyed my hair really dark. And it was totally fun. And cheap. I've dyed my hair before- well, others have dyed and highlighted my hair before- but the problem with going so dark was that there wasn't much I could do with it. And it's summer. And I was looking back at older pictures when my hair was much lighter and more summery. I just knew that I couldn't do it on my own without the risk of making myself bald.

So I went and got my hair did. I've gotten my hair cut a few times at Euphoria Salon in Hyde Park and I've gotten manis there before and I've always liked the people there- really nice ambiance. I didn't know the names of the stylists and so honestly I just picked the one who had an appointment I could make it turn. Turn out, it was the one I was secretly hoping to get. She was lovely- and totally knew what she was doing.

The process of highlighting your hair when it's super dark is putting color on your hair and keeping it sealed with foil. I looked pretty awesome with these pieces of foil hanging off of my head. Kari was a pro though, and she was so quick, which was appreciated. I sat under the hair dryer for a little while and then she pulled out the foil in the sink and then shampooed it out. Before conditioning, she put a bunch of toner in the hair to even everything out and then it was back to the sink for another wash-out.

It looked really streaky and I was a bit worried but Kari assured me that things looked very different once my hair was dry. She cut off several inches and made some layers to give my hair more body and then cut some swoopy bangs for a different look. Then she dried it and curled it with a straightening and she was right, it looked a lot better dry than wet. I'm so excited for the new look and now I can play around with my hair a lot more- I was worried about it being a bit shorter but in the end, I'm really happy that I did this. It certainly won't be a regular occurrence but with how little I cut my hair, I figure I was due for a splurge. And it was worth it!

Photo: Decided to change it up a bit for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment