Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Resting

This has been an interesting last few weeks. I haven't had much to do and that's been weird. I I like being busy. I like having a lot to do and coming home at the end of the day and feeling exhausted but also feeling a sense of accomplishment. This summer has been really quiet. I have the one class that I'm teaching next year but I have no idea what else is on the docket for me at C of I and while I know at some point I'll have an idea, I wish I could know now so I could be doing some prep work. >The good news is that I was hired as an adjunct in the Humanities department at CWI. I have some prep work to do for that but not enough to fill a day. Luckily the World Cup is going on and I can be occupied with that, watching games and following along on twitter but I still feel like I have no much time on my hands. I am reading some good books and watching Friday Night Lights and catching up on Supernatural and sitting outside (or well, I couldn't for awhile when my knee was bandaged up). But I still feel like I have a lot of time. I'm trying to be OK with it, knowing that at some point, things will be so busy I will be wishing for these days, but I find myself antsy and idle and unaccomplished. I'm trying to be quiet and patient and listen to what is happening around me but it's frustrating. I'm trying to be present and enjoy this time because I know it will be busy soon, but it's not easy. My goal s is to embrace this resting period and to be peaceful about it. It won't be easy but I know it will be good for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment