Tuesday, July 1, 2014

BMF

Finally- after years and years of missing out- I got to experience the Boise Music Festival. Since I knew of a inside hook-up, I was able to attend with an All-Access Pass and it made all of the difference. The day was pretty hot and I can't imagine being a part of the massive amounts of people in the crowds. The nice part about being in the side stage area was being able to sit in the sun or the shade,  the unlimited drinks, passes to meet the artists and a far more relaxing environment than with the general crowd. Brooke and I were buddies for the afternoon and I so enjoyed my first time at the Festival.

I wasn't totally familiar with all of the groups but the music the entire time was really great- Kelleigh Bannen and Lee DeWyze (from American Idol) both had really fantastic voices and were so great with the audience. I didn't really know the band Tonic but Emerson Heart was fantastic. Sir Mix-A-Lot brought the house down, although there was a ton of swearing. But he did sing "Baby Got Back" which everybody loved. I was able to go up onto the stage during Sky Blue from LMFAO and take a picture of the crowd jumping up and down. Fitz and the Tantrums had such amazing energy and his co-singer was engaging with the crowd (and we had no idea how her leg wasn't sore from hitting the tambourine against it all night). I hadn't realized how much Train songs I knew until they were on stage and the entire crowd was singing along to "Hey Soul Sister" and "Drops of Jupiter."

The late night and the lethargy on the first leg of the drive home was totally worth it. It was a fantastic experience and I'm so glad that if finally worked out. So grateful to Kevin and Brooke for making it all happen!   



Emerson Heart from Tonic


Sir Mix


Lee Dewyze


Sky Blue



onstage with Sky Blue

Fitz and the Tantrums

backstage with Fitz

onstage with Train





No comments:

Post a Comment