Thursday, September 11, 2014

Biking Around Caldwell

It had been a bit of a rough week and a frustrating day so when I left the office on Friday, I knew I needed to get out of the bike. I love riding my bike around Caldwell. Over the last few years of living here, I feel like I’ve explored a lot of this town on my bike and I’ve discovered some great little nooks and crannies of this place I’ve called home for a few years. On this particular Friday, I turned down some streets in the northwest part of Caldwell I had never been down before. I was surprised at how many of the little houses reminded me of houses on the kibbutz, especially some of the more shadowed houses that are personalized with knick-knacks and lawn ornaments.






The weather was gorgeous and I just rode and observed and rode some more and turned down streets and didn’t really care where I was. At one point, I crossed over one of the roads that leads to the freeway and found myself at a little pond with a bike path around it. It was absolutely stunning- I didn’t even feel like I was in Caldwell anymore! The pond is apparently used for fishing and maybe some small boats (?) but the bike path was about a mile long and maintained by the Boy Scouts for an Eagle project and I rode around it twice before continuing down another path. The nice thing about riding a bike over running is that you can pretty much go as far as you far and getting back isn’t that bad. I followed the greenbelt path underneath the freeway and then over this incredible one-lane bridge across and next to the Boise River, which was again, stunningly gorgeous. The greenbelt path looped around, back underneath the freeway and ended up at the Municipal Park, which had soccer fields and was around the corner from the pond. Riding around Caldwell and being in nature and in new places was just what I needed to cheer me up and I’m so excited to now have a great new place to run that will make me feel like I’m not running in Caldwell but running in a picturesque location.













No comments:

Post a Comment