Monday, October 13, 2014

Paint 'n Sip Again

While I love to have things planned out in advance, sometimes spontaneity is nice. A few days ago, Kelsey texted me and asked if I wanted to do a Paint-n-Sip. Turns out the one she was thinking about doing was on Friday and so, a bit last minute, we decided to meet up with some snacks and do a little bit of painting. We didn’t get a seat next to each other since we were both a bit late (really, what was my excuse? I don’t have a kid!) but we were across from each other so that was kind of nice to be able to still have a conversation which focusing on our painting. The subject for the night was cherry blossoms and I really liked that all of us were able to make it unique with the size of the branches we made and the colors of the background. I ended up making my with a pink background which I was momentarily regretting since it clashes with my poppy but I think that I kind of want to do a “series” of flowers and I can make some blue and green ones to make the transiting a bit nicer. It was so wonderful to catch up with Kelsey- it had really been ages (that’s not even an exaggeration) and we had some drinks and caught up on family and work things but also just got to chat. I’ve missed my friend! I also really like how my painting turned out, even though my branches apparently look “stark”. J Kelsey and I ended up spending another half hour in the parking lot talking before we realized we both needed to get home. It was just lovely to catch up with Kelsey and we talked about maybe trying to get a group together to do this again- I’m all for it!







No comments:

Post a Comment