Friday, October 3, 2014

The Pack Is Back!!





  After 37 years, football is back at the College of Idaho. In general, I’m not sure if I really had a huge opinion on things. Last year, I had some students who were football players and while they were not the sharpest kids, they were hard working, sweet, optimistic, and not at all the stereotypical kind of football players I knew in high school. I’ve always really liked the coaches and appreciated their focus on the academics. I’ve now gone to all of the home football games and man, have they been fun. We have managed to pull off a win at each game and while sometimes it’s been a bit of a nailbiter, I’ve had a really great time at the games. I have a lot more football players this year and again, while they’re not the smartest kids, they’re still good kids and a few have gone out of their way to work around their schedules to stay focused on academics. It’s been fun to listen to the football fans around us and to see how packed the games have been is really encouraging. While we haven’t managed to win away, the fact that we’ve won at home is wonderful and so great for school morale. Go Yotes, the Pack is Back!

No comments:

Post a Comment