Monday, April 6, 2015

30B430 #25

So my original plan was to take a bar-tending class, but those were either too expensive or too long. Then I got low on time so I decide to just make a few cocktails on my own. I researched ones that used a different hard alcohol but wanted to make some that had similar ingredients so it didn't become too pricy. Here are the three I made:

Strawberry Balsamic Smash: This was TART- a bit too tart for my taste. But I've never thought about using balsamic vinegar in a cocktail before, so that was different! We also didn't have any mint, so these sadly are all mintless cocktails. I think this would have been even better with a bit of that refreshing mint. I'll have to try it again soon!



Strawberry Mojito: This too had no mint and boy, was it sweet! Like a bit too sweet! This also would have been great with the mint and because I had some extra strawberries left over, I stuck those into the drink. Also, I used coconut rum, which was a great addition. You could definitely taste the coconut and it went really well with the strawberry flavor.


Cucumber Cap Codder: This one ended up being my favorite. I had to make a cucumber simple syrup before and you could really taste it, but not overwhelmingly. I also wasn't sure how I felt about the cranberry but when I thought about how this was essentially a cranberry vodka with lime and cucumber, it made a bit more sense. Not too sweet, not too tart, it was just right, as Goldilocks would say! Perfect for a sunny day!





No comments:

Post a Comment