Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Mom and Abba's Spring Visit

It was so great to have Mom and Abba come visit for the second time in a few months. I finished my last BBC Best Loved Books book in the car while I was waiting and we dove into hanging out and exploring Idaho the very next time. On Wednesday morning, Mom drove out to TVCC to watch me teach my Civ class and then, since the weather was kind of wet and rainy, we did a few errands and then headed out to the Rotary pond and Greenbelt to take a walk.


On Thursday, my actual birthday, I headed to campus to meet with a student, teach, and attend a few meetings which Mom and Abba headed out to Celebration Park to enjoy the petroglyphs and the views. I was a bit jealous because it was a stunning day. They came out to watch me teach my CWI afternoon class, where we talked about the Northern Renaissance and looked at some weird paintings. We had a little time to kill before dinner so we popped over to the cupcake shop to get a little treat before going to Brick29 for dinner. We shared a couple of different dishes- all delicious- and then I got some incredible crème brulee for dessert.  







On Friday, I got a ride out to CWI for a meeting and then class while Mom and Abba took my car out to Lake Lowell for a run. They picked me up after I was finished with class and we drove out to Polecat to run/hike. I hadn’t done that trail yet, although I’ve wanted to for a long time, and it was cool to see Brooke and Kevin’s house from afar. We went out to Boise Fry Company for dinner and then wandered around the fancy part of Bown’s Crossing and the river before heading back to the house.  










Saturday’s weather was pretty terrible- we picked up some bread at the market and had thought to go on a run by the greenbelt but decided instead to just get the shopping for the party done. I ended up napping on the couch for a bit and then it was party time! The party was fantastic- see other post for pictures!


Sunday was gorgeous so we decided to drive out to the Bruneau Sand Dunes, another place that I’ve wanted to visit for a very long time. It was hot but not too hot and climbing the massive dunes was crazy but so fun. It was certainly a workout and I think my shoes STILL have sand in them! The views were spectacular and walking along the top was like dancing on the spine of a dinosaur. I would love to go back and do some camping out there sometime in the future- I’m sure that at night, the skies are just absolutely gorgeous!














No comments:

Post a Comment