Tuesday, December 25, 2012

RSC in SD and Christmastime!

"Do you want to see the Addams Family?"

"What?"

"It's playing at the Performing Arts Center."

"Um... no... not really. I do want to see the REduced Shakespeare Company in San Diego though. They're doing their CHristmas show down there...."

And two weeks later, Mom and I were in San Diego for the day. I've loved the RSC for years now and when I found out they were in SD, I was so excited. Mom and I first went down to Coronado and walked around the beach and the hotel as the sun was going on- it was pretty empty which was nice and the sun was so beautiful.











From there we headed downtown to the Gas Lamp Quarter, found some parking and went to the
Museum of Contemporary Art, which was free on Thursdays. There was a really fascinating exhibit of Mexican and Mexican-American art that just covered the tall walls of one of the exhibit halls and another one of paper-dolls and cut-outs hanging from the ceiling. Modern art is weird, guys, but also mind-boggling and unique at the same time.



Dinner was at the Old Spaghetti Factory, where we usually would head when we were in the Gas-Lamp Quarter. We also stopped at World Market to pick up some Electric Reindeer wine. I just love the name.

 

Then it was to San Diego Rep to see the RSC! I can't describe what we saw. It was hystiercal. Our faces hurt from laughing so hard. Dustin, Michael and Mick were incredible and I seriously recommend the RSC to everybody. They covered everything there was to cover about the holidays. I'll let them describe it to you, since they do it best.







And they signed my program and took a picture with me. Oh Michael, you're the best...


But that wasn't the end of the Christmas festivities. There was also Nutcracker Suite baking.


Running and reading at the beach.


The only two Yadlin girls to represent Christmas in the Yadlin house this year..


Abba being Abba.

A freezing day at the beach ON Christmas day.






And then packing for the trip! Happy Merry Chrismakwanukkahanzakah!

No comments:

Post a Comment