Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Baking, Tarentino Style....

So, because I initiaaly was blogging this one my phone, the pictures all came out in backwards order. But who says you can't bake like this! 

So, if you want to get THIS (see below), here's how we backtrack..... These blondie brownies (the child of a cookie and a brownie) just came out of the over set to 350 after about 15 minutes of baking. Of course, oven heat and time will be different so just keep an eye on it.


Make sure that before you start the dishes, you lick the beaters. This is the best part. Hand's down.


Also, while you avoid doing the dishes, feel free to relax with a glass of wine and the "Say Yes to the Dress Crew". It makes the experience more enjoyable.


Before you put the mixture into a greased 8x8 or 9x9 pan, make sure that it is well-mixed. Also, throw in a crap-load of chocolate chips. Yes, that is a technical term.


There is NO order to the following ingredients. This is what makes this a great backwards recipe. This is 1/4 tsp of salt.

And this is 1/2 tbsp of baking POWDER (not soda... although I don't know the difference)


Only one cup of flour necessary. I'm sure you could use wheat flour but I haven't had the best luck so I just did regular white flour. And then wrote down a reminder to get more flour.


A tablespoon of vanilla seemed a little cray, so I did a little less. Probably doesn't matter. The vanilla silk made up for this later.


I realized that I had used the last egg for breakfast earlier that day so I substituted a egg for a 1/3 cup of applesauce. Also a 1/4 cup would work. It doesn't really matter that much.


I didn't have any milk on hand so instead I added a tablespoon of Vanilla Silk Milk. It didn't seem to make a difference. Do it.

Make sure that your stick of butter is melted in the microwave before you add it.

And a cup of packed brown sugar.


And that is how you make blondie brownies backwards! Enjoy with a big glass of milk.


1 comment:

  1. Agreed--I though it when I saw the final product: that is a "crap-load" of chocolate chips!!

    ReplyDelete