Thursday, March 19, 2015

30B430 #12

I started to feel a bit of crunch time with my birthday in less than a month so I finally put a date on the calendar to do hot yoga. I had invited my small group girls to come but in the end, I went on my own, which was nice because I could be totally anonymous.

I got to Essential Hot Yoga in Nampa with a few minutes to spare. I was in shorts and a tank top and brought a beach towel along with me to put on my yoga mat. Brooke had also recommended that I put a water bottle in the freezer the night before and bring that with me. Genius. It started to melt in the room and the freezing cold water just hit the spot perfectly.

The people there were really nice when I checked in and made sure I didn't have any questions. The owner even took my mat and found a good spot for me while I was putting my stuff into the other room for safe keeping during the class. She was nice although I questioned her decision to do yoga with her hair down and not en a ponytail. But I guess whatever works for you. Just as I was getting settled, the class began.

Probably because it wasn't my first time ever at a yoga class, I was able to do pretty much everything. The things I wasn't able to do weren't because it was like a million bajillion degrees in the room because because I literally am not able to contort myself into certain positions. I also tried to focus just on me and not on anyone else although sometimes I had to glance around because at times, I literally could not hear the teacher. She had music one while going through instructions and frequently, it sounded like "OK, we're going to sdkfjweoijosdjf one and three and then sdlfjwoeijfask two and four. So, gently asdjfejfa;sdjf and hold it there." Seriously, what?!? I'm really not that hard of hearing! That was probably the thing that annoyed me much.

But oh gosh, the heat. The heat. I didn't mind that as much as the fact that I had no idea I could sweat that much. I had no idea any of us could sweat that much! But we did. Oh we did. It felt SO good to get out into the normal 50 degree weather after 70 minutes in that sweltering mess. When I got home, I threw my clothes in to the laundry and when I went to put things into the washer the next morning, they were still wet. Gross.

Would I do hot yoga again? Probably. Would I do it on my own? Probably not. If a friend wanted to go or we got a group together, sure. But I'm glad that I tried it. I'm glad that I sweat it out. I'm glad that I did something different and can add my two cents when people talk about this.



No comments:

Post a Comment