Monday, March 16, 2015

30B430 #13

Having purchased and been gifted Amazon Local deals, Amanda and I joined up to take on our first Ballet Idaho lesson. I specifically put taking a dance class on my list so that I could do ballet and I'm so glad that we did this!

The class was pretty full but we found a position at the barre and went through plies, tendus, piques, grand battements, rond de jambs, and the usual port de bras and stretches that come with barre work. The teacher, Nathan, was really great with his instructions, and was always helpful and never condescending when he was making corrections.

Because the Tuesday night class a bit overwhelming, we decided to check out the Wednesday morning class, which was much smaller. Towards the end of the class, we put together some choreography using the different steps we had done during adagio, danced to the music from "Coppelia", which I saw with Grandma and Roni when we were little. It's been so much fun and a great workout and I'm so glad that I've getting to do this! 




No comments:

Post a Comment