Friday, August 30, 2013

fun.

Although we've had the tickets for the last few months, Wendseday, August 28th finally rolled around and the fun. concert was upon us! Michael, Abbey, Jon, Matt, Nicole, and I all met at Michael's house to gather together our food contributions, pack up Bruce the truck, have a drink or two, and then headed down to the Botanical Gardens. Kelly, Matt's girlfriend, was there with her family and she saved us a seat which was quite lovely of her since there were a lot of people there. We ate our meal, snacked, chatted, took some fun pictures, did a lot of people watching (there was a couple in front of us who were much older and played cards until fun. showed up and then they danced the night away). Tegan and Sara were the opening band and they were great, although I honestly didn't know much of their music.

Fun. were fantastic though. They had such incredible stage energy and there were so many songs that I know (luckily- I don't like being at concerts where I can't sing along!). They had great lightings and graphics and honestly, their energy was fabulous. They seemed to love Boise (although sometimes I feel like they say that _________ is the best town no matter where they are so whatever) and I'm pretty sure Nate, the leader singer, wanted to say something about the cross on Tablerock but refrained. They had a huge burst of confetti at one point and for most of the concert, Nicole and I were right up there, only a few people away from the front. I was quite astonished at how many children (like little children!) were there at the concert. I mean, fun. isn't family UN-friendly, but they're also not really family-friendly so that seemed a bit odd. But who am I to judge.

After waiting for so long for the concert, it was definitely worth the wait!
















No comments:

Post a Comment