Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Away From Home

When you live far away from your family, celebrating birthdays and holidays gets a little more complicated. My sisters and I try to put our heads together to figure out a good gift to get our parents for Mothers or Fathers Day or for anniversaries. Nothing will, I think, ever top the hot air balloon ride we got (although it ended up being more expensive than we thought...)

However, it's nice to still be able to celebrate these family holidays which is by I'm so lucky to have my second family in Boise. This year for Mother's Day, I joined the Godwins for a bike ride out to Lucky 13. Earlier in the morning, while Kevin and Bailie were dealing with bikes, Brooke and I took Addy on a walk in the foothills.

The ride from Park Center to Lucky 13 was gorgeous and it wasn't too hot. Our pizzas were delicious and I got an Angry Orchard cider which was well worth it. On the ride home, we cut through Bown's Crossing and I learned about some beautiful Boise neighborhoods I never knew of before. I just love Boise- it never ceases to surprise me and teach me something new.

It was hot when we got home so the pool was quite inviting... Especially when you can lounge in cool water with a book, looking up to see gorgeous views. Certainly a great day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the lovely moms out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment