Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Stage It Concert

If you know me at all, you know that Jars of Clay is my all-time favorite group. I've met them a few times, I've managed to seem them in concert a bunch, I had their book on bible smuggling, I have all of their CDs, they're just amazing. Their songs speak to me in so many ways and it doesn't hurt that they are the nicest people on the planet. 

In anticipation of their new album, they've released a life EP, which I love, and are also doing Stage-It concerts where they broadcast themselves performing live in their production studio, and basically give oyu a concert in your living room (or office, since that's where I was when I watched their second Stage-It performance). 

It was so coo. They had a web-cam set up, played their songs, talked to us, answered questions that people were asking on the live-chat, so great! And I LOVED the songs that they played. It was such a great mixture of old (Trouble Is, Sing, Revolution, Jealous Kind, Portraid, Fade to Gray and Silence) with some newer ones (Scenic Route, Boys), with a clear emphasis on the older but not frequently performed songs. And the fact that they played Scenic Route which is up there as one of my all-time favorite Jars songs didn't hurt. Plus, the guys were adorable, with their joking, their laughter, their riffs on the guitar, their overall genuine nature. I just love them so much! What a fun opportunity, especially since I never know when I might see them in concert again!





No comments:

Post a Comment