Tuesday, May 27, 2014

30B430 #19 Part 3

I've been meaning to make it out to Celebration Park for about a month now, after seeing some great pictures on a friend's facebook.  I had a lot of free time on my hands once I had finished grading my finals so on Wednesday, Michelle and I drove down past Melba, through some beautiful high desert scenery to Celebration Park and the river. That coolest part about the park is the Native American petroglyphs and we spent about an hour wandering through the brush to find the petroglyphs and they were actually pretty cool.










It was an absolutely gorgeous day, bright and sunny, but not too hot, and we crossed over the bridge, which was once an old railroad bridge, to do a little bit of hiking in the Owyhees. It was very similar terrain and habitat as down by Jump Creek. Lots of little prickers, lots of sagebrush, lots of little wildflowers. Just a gorgeous day in Idaho and I'm glad we trekked out there for the afternoon!








No comments:

Post a Comment