Monday, May 19, 2014

Cooking Challenge


Aly, Kelsey and I rocked the Cooking Challenge a few years ago and so when I saw the email for the 2014 version, I decided to see about getting a team together. I ended up recruiting Jocelyn and Juliette to come help out and we were paired up with Bob, a member of the Simplot staff. Bob was awesome- and so helpful. All of the food was local- and delicious- but sadly a bit plain-colored. We grabbed some fish, eggs, potatoes, beans, faroe, a bunch of herbs and then later were given some colored lettuce as the mystery ingredient. We were given a somewhat nebulous time limit so just started throwing things together. Again, Bob was super helpful and wonderful. In the end we ended up making pan-cooked trout on a bed of arugala with a spicy sauce and the colored lettuce garnish. We also had some white-wine cooked beans with some herbs sprinkled in and some sliced potatoes. We didn't wine but it was blast to cook in the kitchen. I just wished we were able to have some bright tomatoes or something with a bit of color- everything was so bland-looking. Thanks to Bob for the help and I'm glad Juliette, Jocelyn, and I were able to make a yummy meal!






No comments:

Post a Comment