Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thoughts from the Pit

First dress rehearsal and mic checks

pre-show screen

view from the pit

pit selfie

music stand

my name was misspelled twice
-There is a large portrait of the character Lily, Colin Craven’s dead mother. It’s obviously a portrait of the actress playing Lily. This makes me think of Shiri’s creepy portrait. (Sorry, Shiri)

-Every time we play the bow music, I’m reminded of how Ms. Blasdel used to pronounce it bowel music and Ben Pezzner would make a joke about it. Good times.

-The worst part of playing in the pit is only being able to see what is happening on the front half of the stage or up on the set. The second worst part is getting distracted by what you can see and forgetting an entrance. Not like that even happened…

- In the song “Come Spirit, Come Charm” they use the “basic” move from Shiri’s and my bellydancing video. I resist the urge to shout “BASIC” whenever they do it.

-Can we talk about keychanges for a second? THEY SUCK. You go from one sharp to seventeen flats. Also, can we talk about C flat and F flat. IT’S JUST B AND E FOR GOODNESS SAKES! COME ON.

-If you watch the show and then ask the characters to “raise their hand if you have ever been victimized by Archibald Craven”, the sthow becomes very different. And so much more amusing. Have YOU been victimized by Archibald Craven? Because I think most of the characters have.

-I totally get why it’s important to learn the lyrics to the show you’re performing in. It’s a lot easier to follow along when you know what’s being sung and what parts come next and how your usic fits into the lyrics. This is why I’ve been listening to The Secret Garden CD pretty much non-stop for the last few weeks. At this point I feel like I could do a one-woman production on my own. These are my [current] favorites.




No comments:

Post a Comment