Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Color Run

For awhile now I've wanted to participate in a Color Run and it just never seemed to work out. 

Until today. A few weeks ago there was a LivingSocial voucher for Color Me Rad, giving us a $13 discount and so Caitlin, Juliette, and I went for it. There was a bit of a snafu with the registration (i.e. Juliette and Caitlin bought the voucher but didn't actually sign up for the race) but it all worked out and we got to the Fairgrounds bright early, decked out in white. 

As with all races, there was a bunch of hoopla beforehand and people were already throwing colors around. This one girl must have been influenced by Wicked because she was COVERED in green powder. The race itself was not a real 5k- it must have been shorter because even with walking on the grass-- it just was kind of pot-holey and uneven-- we finished in less than 30 minutes. And we were NOT running at a 10-min pace. There were five different color stations where volunteers threw handfuls of color at you. The course wove through the fairgrounds between grass and asphalt and then finished with they passing out color packets for you to throw at each other. 

There was the usual post-race hoopla as well and we sat through one color throw, getting drenched in colored powder with everyone else. I had brought some make-up remover wipes for afterwards, which were incredibly helpful, especially since Caitlin and I had so much red color on our necks it looked like we had been shot or something. 

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with my shirt and I'm pretty sure that even after a shower, I still have some powder in places I don't even know about but overall, it was a great experience! I got a suuuuuuuper comfy v-neck race t-shirt and some great bright yellow sunglasses so those are some nice extras! I'd definitely recommend doing a color run if you have the chance- just keep your mouth closed as they throw color at you!

No comments:

Post a Comment