Thursday, November 8, 2012

Month of Thanks Day 8

I am thankful today for being able to be impromptu. I had a rough morning class with lots of absences and tardies which usually I could handle in stride but today was frustrating because the kids were debating and when someone doesn't show up for a debate, their partner has to hold off for a few days and that's just not fair. So I was upset and frustrated when I met Aly for lunch. We had originally planned to go to Simplot but she had to print something in Nampa so we escape for an hour and a half and went to lunch at Messenger. We shared a delicious slice of pesto, basil (spinach? hard to tell!) and mushroom pizza and a salad and got to chat and vent and let our frustrations out before heading back to class/work feeling much better.

And as a side note, I'm SO thankful for my afternoon class. They make me laugh so much. Today a kid debated that the drinking age should be lowered to 18 and brought out a bottle of Bacardi to give him liquid courage for the debate (it was water....). He them accidentally slurred the first words of the debate, causing us all to die with laughter. One kid debated about the Olympics and wore a winter sweater that screamed 1980s. Another girl was worried about her rebuttal and when her opponent asked if he could get extra credit for letting her win the rebuttal, she told her in a very seductive voice that he'd have extra credit in her book and then got totally red when we all laughed. I just love these kids in the afternoon class so much- they make my long days worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment