Saturday, November 24, 2012

More Thanks

Day 21- I'm thankful for a school that I not only graduated from but also now employs me. I can't imagine working at a different school. Too many memories here.

Day 22- I'm thankful for silence and for solitutde when I need it.

Day 23- I'm thankful for friends that I feel comfortable enough with sharing guilty pleasures, especially music-wise, wild dancing,

Day 24- I'm thankful for my couch and being able to curl up with a blanket and good book when I don't feel well.

And to PROVE how great my school/alma mater/employer is, here are some pictures from an awesome Homecoming Weekend.


Thursday night began with a tail-gate party in Simplot and then the C of I vs NNU basketball game. We kept them pretty even for awhile and then just lost it at the end, like usual. We cheered and shouted a lot, mocked this guy who could NOT seem to stay in his seat and I ran into and chatted with some of my students. Love these kids!

Michael, Abbey, me and Jon on the court

On Friday, there was a Coyotes Connection in the afternoon and then people came over to my place for some drinks before the Homecoming Dance. I saw a few of my students there but everything was nice and proper. We had so much fun dancing and hanging out- love my alumni friends!
me and Abbey

Abbey, me and Jon


Mike, Jake, Katie, Jon, me, Chris, Abbey, Tracylea and Sam

me and Abbey

Inner Circle

On Saturday, there was a race in the morning but I wasn't up in time. There was a wine tasting and lecture series in the afternoon and that night was the Alumni Awards dinner- Abbey got one of the awards so I went to support her. Delicious food- so, so, so good, especially that pumpkin pie. Louie Atterberry also talked about the family that got the legacy award for about 20 minutes. No joke. I was making bets on when it would end. The judge and chairman of the board of trustees sitting next to me actually left to the use the restroom and he was still rambling on when she returned. Again, the food was delicious.
the honoree at the Alumni Awards dinner!

A few hours later, we joined forces for Quiz Bowl! Jasper was our MC and our team (whose name I can't for the life of me remember right now!!!!) DOMINATED! We "whoop-whoop-wa-bamed" after every question that we got right and even though we didn't get the final question right, we still won by a lot. Not like our team was stacked or anything....
WINNING team!- Michael, Abbey, me, Katie, Dave, Chris
Whoop-whoop-wa-bam!

No comments:

Post a Comment