Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Favorite Quote

Huh, it's been a long time since I thought about this. I'm not sure if I have a favorite quote or not. I just tried to find that old blog post where I had put all of my old facebook quotes (why can't I find it!? Argh.... I'll have to keep looking....) hoping that they would give me some inspiration.

Anyway, I will say that pretty much anything that Madeleine L'Engle or C.S. Lewis write warms my heart and speaks to my soul. I just love the wisdom that both of them have and can always seem to find something that fits with my circumstance and whatever is happening in my life.

Here is a particularly long but favorite quote from "The Moon By Night".

"You know those puzzles with hundreds of tiny pieces You take one of those pieces all by itself and it doesn't make any sense, does it? You look at one piece and it doesn't seem to be part of a picture. But you put all the pieces together and you see the meaning of it all. Well, what I, in my heathenish way, Vicky, feel about life, and unfairness, is that we find it hard to realize that there is a completed puzzle. We jump to conclusions and decide that the one little piece we have in our hand is all there is and that it doesn't make sense. We find it almost impossible to think about infinity, much less comprehend it. but life only makes sense if you see it in infinite terms. If the one piece of the puzzle that is this life were all, then everything would be horrible and unfair and I wouldn't want much to do with God, either. But there are all the other pieces, too, the pieces that make up the whole picture."

No comments:

Post a Comment