Friday, December 6, 2013

Taking A Pass

Today I'm supposed to tell you about what band or music has made the most impact me on.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Why, you ask?

Because seriously, unless you are JUST starting to read my blog, then you'll already know the answer to this. And if you are just starting to read my blog, then hi! Welcome! So glad that you're here! I would like to direct you to a blog post in September where I talk about my favorite songs. Go from there.

So, as a replacement, today I'm going to tell you about my December First Thursday experiences.

So, First Thursday happens every month in downtown Boise. The shops open up late, there are festivities and free food and wine tastings and happy hours specials and musical guests and carolers and lights and sounds and fun people and special events. It's pretty awesome. December's First Thursday is always about the holiday spirit. I went first to the Boise Farmer's Market, which they've moved indoors for the winter, which is just wonderful because I love the small, new market and I always get sad when the market closes down for the winter. Next, I needed to kill some time before meeting up with Niki so I headed over to Cafe d'Arte and got some grading done. I finished up just as they were closing, so that we perfect!





We had plans to meet up with April at the Sesqui-shop for the last Boise150 event. There were old photographs and artifacts, local artists selling their jewelry, some commemorative Boise150 books and a photo-book that we took a few pictures at. My favorite thing was the Memory Map, where I added my own memory for posterity. Boise150 (and April!) has put on some really cool events over the year but unfortunately, this was the first and only one that I could make it to but it was a lot of fun! The people watching was spectacular, as always, and we had some sweet potato fries at Bardenay after April's work day had wrapped up.






Despite it being absolutely freezing, it was so nice to be out with friends and enjoy the loveliness that is downtown Boise, especially around the holiday season! I love Boise!

No comments:

Post a Comment